Monday, May 12, 2008

 

shadow on the path

RETREAT! RETREAT!! RETREAT!!!

No, this blog isn't about Hillary.



But it is about one of the symbolic energies of Scorpio. And what to do when you encounter it. We all have Scorpio somewhere in our chart.

Yes- sometimes the smartest thing you can do is to pull back- watch - wait- and say your SHIVA mantra. And hope for the best.

But by all means be aware that sometimes what you meet on the path, can harm you. Deadly so. Best not to push forward. Best to sit tight. That's the energy of a fixed Moon in Leo, in square to the unmovable Sun in Taurus. Its called a quarter Moon. And it was yesterday.

On my Sunday hike I encountered- a sunbathing baby rattler. All sprawled out length wise across the path. Almost stepped on it, that was just before I jumped out of my skin.

To say I am afraid of low lying creatures (human included) is an understatement. I am actually TERRIFIED of snakes. Maybe I got eaten by one in a past life, who knows. Growing up in the South its ingrained in you to fear snakes, and I haven't shaken that childhood brainwashing. Neptune for you. Neptune rules fears- and its exactly conjunct my Mercury- (the mind) both in Scorpio, both being triggered by yesterday's Quarter Moon in Regal Leo. That snake did ACT like it owned the path. And by golly, as far as I was concerned it did.

My friend noticed it right as we approached, me gabbing away about the Election, would of just walked right on it, as it actually was the same color as the path, (a little magic trick of nature). After my scream that I am sure my Guru in India heard, we hugged each other staring at this long unmovable THING in our path. The conversation went like this:

" Oh, my GOD, ITS A SNAKE!!!!%&%&"

"AHHHHHHHHHH.......... its not moving.........maybe its dead"

"maybe that guy on the bike road over it"

"I don't see a dent in the middle"

" WHAT are we going to do- its too close to walk past- and MAMA is likely in the grass, I am NOT walking in the grass, I NEED A HIKING STAFF!"

" its really not moving at all"

"throw this tiny pebble at it"

"um..........no reaction.......i am sure its dead"

"its a baby THEY are unable to control the poison that comes out, I am not so sure its dead maybe its PRETENDING. THROW this twig"

"Welllllllll............. nothing there. OH wait............its tail IS MOVING!!! ITS COILING_ RETREAT! RETREAT!!"

ok............... then we retreat about 8 feet or so - and we watch as this THING moves its tail a bit...........then EVER soooooooo slowly turns its head back to its tail and slower than I ever thought possible slides off the path back into the grass.

By now my heart is in my stomach- I feel slightly sick at the thought that we ALMOST walked over it- and I thank god for the Shiva mantra.

I can't stop thinking about how it PLAYED DEAD and retreated only when it sensed danger (US!) was far enough away that it could safely change its position, which would not allow it to strike- but would allow it to go back to where it came from, since sunbathing for the day was clearly over..................

You can apply my experience in a metaphysical sense to anything in your life that you currently are not comfortable with, and you wish would just go away.




Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?